Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Halloween Costume

One of my besty-bestest friends, Jules, lives in NY. (I heart NY!) Every year, she sends me these awesome photos of their Halloween activites and I just get so jealous because it looks like a totally kick ass day. Well...this year, Halloween's on a Friday and Jules invited me to come, stay, visit and trick or treat with her and her fam! COOLNESS! I was at Expedia.com faster than you could click that "I forgot my password" link. It's been a cool millennium since I dressed up for Halloween, so I went through a lot of ideas. It had to be something fantasy, something I would NEVER wear IRL. A fairy? A unicorn? An elf? Then my son came up with the most obvious and perfect idea...a HOOP GIRL! I'm an avid hooper ("hula hoop" for you novices out there) and most hoopers are young, pretty and thin and they wear crazy costumes to hoop in...stuff with flow and colour. You can Google Image search "hoop girl" and you'll get an idea of what I mean. So, I'm going to be a Hoop Girl for Halloween, but a more covered version. A 40-something version,if you will. ; ) These are the fabrics I'm using for my costume. (see picture up there^) Here's a link to a blog that has pictures of Jule's relative's house: http://www.newyorkshitty.com/?p=9368 Now you see why I'm so excited to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today's my day off and I hope to get a lot of sewing done on this. I also have to go to the post office and see just how I can mail a few hoops to NY. I'm going to assume I won't be able to take them as carry-on! I have directions on how to make collapsible hoops, but I honestly don't think I'm going to have the time to make any! It's only a little over 2 weeks away! :::shifts into stress mode::: Plus, the final episode of Project Runway is on tonight! Gotta love Wednesday!

No comments: