Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Chritmas!

This is a really cute mug I got yesterday at Kohls. It was marked down 70%, so I only paid $1.79 for it. My favourite mug broke last week, so I was looking for new favourite mug. This one says "Blizzard Warning" on the inside rim and has some snowflakes etched there, too. Nom always has to check out what I'm drinking and she managed to appear out of nowhere (Ninja Cat!) as I was taking the shot. Yesterday we decided to get a jump on the whole "A-new-year-is-coming-let's-get-organized" thing and we bought some bins at Target and put our bedroom in order. I can actually put ALL of my shoes and boots in the closet now! Wow! Anyway...this sticker was on the inside of the bin and I added my own interpretation of what the warning picture meant, and taped it to the kitchen cabinet, in case anyone thought of storing something they shouldn't. I asked for this place setting as a gift. I saw it online and the bowl has my most favourite quote from "T'was the Night Before Christmas"..."the moon on the breast of the new fallen snow gave a luster of midday to objects below." This is just the perfect description of a full moon shining over a snow covered night. I plan to display the bowl in my curio cabinet year round. I probably use the rest of the place setting during the next "Chritmas" season.

2 comments:

HorribleLicensePlates said...

You are so funny. I love that sign. I will remember not to store toddlers in rubbermaid now, heh-heh.

Also, a very cute pic of Nom. :-)

Prairie Gothic said...

I would never store my youngsters in rubbermaid, I use tupperware, you can burp it.